Picture of
Should the Ludlow College Bash continue?
by - Thursday, 8 October 2009, 02:04 PM

After all of the problems encountered at the last bash - should there be any more?
Picture of Thomas Greenaway
Re: Should the Ludlow College Bash continue?
by Thomas Greenaway - Friday, 9 October 2009, 09:25 AM

Uhm... Well we need less people to go and no year 11. Also make sure most of the people are actually from ludlow college.

Picture of Adam Richards
by Adam Richards - Friday, 9 October 2009, 11:45 AM

Well Andy, It shouldn't be held on a Thursday, I did not go to the last one as I was ill but it was a little silly that it was held on a Thurs!!!

Should be Friday/Saturday

Picture of Max Bolton
by Max Bolton - Friday, 9 October 2009, 11:56 AM

Thats a fair point Adam, but why would a club be willing to close just for a private party when they could stay open and get loads of money from the punters. It just not going to happen. It has to be on a week day and as thurs is closest to the end of the week, you wont be tired all week.

Yes the bash should continue! its an epic time to meet people from college and make new friends. Its also a nice night out and where ever you go, there will be problems so there is no point in giving up on it for those reasons! there are more good points than bad point!

Picture of Ben stickley
by Ben stickley - Friday, 9 October 2009, 01:03 PM

Adam you party pooper!

I feel Mr.Bolton has rasied the relevant points, and has hit the nail upon the head.

The only proplem we have at bashes is when silly boys who are not from the college decide to start fights. As hillarious as they are, they do bring a downer to the event.

Maybe we should have a black-list for past attendees, in particular the smelly ones who are the source of the trouble.

Picture of
by - Monday, 12 October 2009, 02:46 PM

I think the idea of a blacklist is an excellent one...

I do think that bashes in the week should stop (unless in holidays) as I had a HUGE number of students missing on the Friday after the last one..

Picture of Alex Bonynge
by Alex Bonynge - Tuesday, 13 October 2009, 12:06 PM

It should definately continue in my opinon.
Picture of Maren konig
by Maren konig - Wednesday, 14 October 2009, 10:21 AM

Well, we think that it should continue and we understand that because of the problems in the past, venues have banned us from going back so manhattens is the only venue we can have but it's still really small. Especially for the amount of people who go. Have less people or a bigger venue. Giving priorities to students at ludlow should help towards stopping the fighting. smile
Picture of Josh Cartwright
by Josh Cartwright - Thursday, 15 October 2009, 08:50 AM

I think they should carry on. As Mr.Stickely pointed out is that its the non-ludlow goers that cause the problems. And maybe also the fact that everyone tends to get wasted before they are even off the bus, but we can just leave that out of this. Once again I think that Mr.Stickley had the right idea with a blacklist, this should be brought up at the next bash comitee.

Picture of Yona macintyre
by Yona macintyre - Monday, 14 December 2009, 11:20 AM

This post is old now but i was thinking about it and i seriously think its unfair that the online ordering service allows tickets to be sold to anyone and everyone outside of the college which lets year 11's and such attend. This also gives the first priority to people who dont go to the college leaving us untill last, limiting the number of people who actually come to ludlow college largely ticketless.

In all fairness it's hardly 'Ludlow college bash' when the vast majority of participants arent from Ludlow college, this has put me and many of my friends off.

boo
by claire mccarthy - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 10:13 AM

to be fair, i completely agree with what yona is saying. My first year here i was only ever able to attend the last bash because of people from outside of college buying up all the tickets in bulk. Its never a "ludlow college bash" because its all a select few from ludlow buying up all the tickets they can for their friends outside of college. In my opinion priority should be given to ludlow students, such as for the first couple weeks only allowing tickets to be sold in the refectory to students from ludlow, then if they still have tickets left by the end of that time they can be offered to those outside college. I thought the point of the bash was to get to know people from our own college, not randomers from shrewsbury and hereford. However i do think the online ordering is a good idea and that should continue because it is quite conveniant to be able to just click and have your tickets smile ok...thats my rather ridiculously long rant over. Basically i agree with everything yona says and the bash rally needs to sort itself out to be fair to the students from our own college smile
Picture of James Pain
by James Pain - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 12:40 PM

BASH! BASH! YOU'RE NOT LOOKING AT THE BIG PICTURE!!!!! 

wide eyes

Picture of sam martin
by sam martin - Thursday, 4 February 2010, 12:58 PM

I think that the bashes should continue, and as people have stated - be made available to Ludlow College Students as priority.

I also think it would be a good idea for actual students of college to get a discount due to them attending ludlow college and others having to pay excess.

I agree there should be a blacklist of people that have caused problems in the past as this would stop any problems.

The bashes should not be cancelled, due to college not providing anything else for us to do. I know college is about learning and attaining good grades, but the social side to life is also essential.

0.387056 secs RAM: 10.3MB RAM peak: 10.3MB Included 40 files Record cache hit/miss ratio : 0/0